CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte Fire Department had to divert traffic to fight a house fire in the 3500 block of Eastway Drive on Thursday evening.
When crews arrived on the scene, heavy smoke and fire poured from the home that sits a block off the intersection of Eastway Drive and Independence Boulevard.
While working to contain the blaze, a fireman fell into the roof, but was quickly pulled to safety by his colleagues.
According to the fire department, the fire started accidentally due to an electrical problem in the ceiling. The fire caused roughly $30,000 worth of damage.
No firefighters or civilians were injured.