CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Mecklenburg County Courthouse was briefly evacuated Wednesday morning after a report of a hazmat situation inside the building.
An official from the Charlotte Fire Department said a hazmat team was sent to East Fourth Street after a report of carbon monoxide was detected in the courthouse building.
Around 8:45 a.m. the courthouse reopened after emergency officials aired out the building. An fire official said a crew of 35 firefighters brought the situation under control around 8 a.m.
Emergency crews allowed everyone working at the courthouse back into the building around 9 a.m.