4 hospitalized in carbon monoxide leak

4 hospitalized in carbon monoxide leak

4 hospitalized in carbon monoxide leak

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com Staff

WCNC.com

Posted on December 29, 2013 at 1:14 PM

Updated Sunday, Dec 29 at 1:17 PM

MOORESVILLE, N.C. -- Four people were hospitalized with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning after an issue with a furnace.

Mooresville Fire and Rescue responded to a home in the 400 block of West Center Avenue Sunday morning on reports of carbon monoxide poisoning.

The four occupants of the home were advised by dispatch to immediately vacate the dwelling. Officials say the occupants were notified of the gas by their carbon monoxide detector.

All four occupants were taken to Lake Norman Regional Medical Center for treatment.

Gas company, PSNC, was called to the scene to further investigate. Officials say the issue was located with the furnace inside the home.

Mooresville Fire and Rescue would like to remind citizens that CO detectors and smoke detectors save lives!

Print
Email
|