Man goes missing after suspicious fire

Man goes missing after suspicious fire

Credit: Charlotte Mecklenburg Police

Man goes missing after suspicious fire

Print
Email
|

by BERNADETTE JAY / WCNC.com

WCNC.com

Posted on July 2, 2012 at 7:00 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The Charlotte-Mecklenburg Police Department's Missing Person Unit is investigating what happened to a man after the property he was leasing went up in flames.

The blaze sparked last month on Mallard Crossing Drive.  According to officials, during the investigation the fire was filed under "suspicious circumstances".

According to a release sent to NewsChannel 36, 30-year-old Camaron Sanders was leasing the home but hasn't been seen or heard from since the fire.

On June 28 officials said the fire on Mallard Crossing Drive was intentionally set.  Most of the damage to the home was contained to the front porch.  A fuel jug was sitting by a bush as NewsChannel 36 crews arrived on the scene that day.

At the time, officials said the home was vacant.

Two cars were discovered on the property, police told NewsChannel 36 that one of those cars was reported as stolen.

In Mecklenburg County, Sanders has arrest records for a slew of charges including communicating threats.

Anyone who has information about Camaron Sanders is asked to call Crime Stoppers at 704-334-1600.  Detective J. L. Tuttle is the lead detective in this case. His number is 704-336-7495

 

Print
Email
|