Northlake Mall evacuated after microwave catches fire

Credit: Joshua Barlow

Northlake Mall evacuated after microwave catches fire

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com

WCNC.com

Posted on August 3, 2013 at 4:07 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. --  Northlake Mall was evacuated Saturday during the height of the tax free weekend.

Tweets began circulating around 3:00 p.m. that the mall was being evacuated as shoppers were urshered out of the building and into the parking lot. 

Mall officials confirmed to NBC Charlotte that bargain shoppers were evacuated after a microwave caught fire.

Thirty minutes later, officials said tax free shoppers hunting for a bargain were allowed back inside. 

Cell phone video shows bewildered shoppers racing for the door.

One woman pushing a baby stroller nearly misses an electronic gate as it closed

Officials said that no one was hurt during the incident, it was not immediately clear how the microwave caught fire or the extent of the damages.

 

Print
Email
|