Boy who died in Boone motel remembered

Boy who died in Boone motel remembered

Boy who died in Boone motel remembered

Print
Email
|

by The Associated Press

WCNC.com

Posted on February 16, 2014 at 3:39 PM

Updated Sunday, Feb 16 at 3:43 PM

ROCK HILL, S.C. (AP) -- A Rock Hill mother whose son died from carbon monoxide poisoning in a North Carolina hotel is creating a list of hotels in South Carolina and North Carolina that have carbon monoxide detectors. 

Jeannie Williams told The Charlotte Observer (http://bit.ly/1b9P1g0) the list will be part of the Jeffrey Lee Williams Foundation she is going to create to honor her 11-year-old son. 

Authorities say the boy died in June at a Boone, N.C., motel after a faulty pool heater allowed carbon monoxide gas into their room. 

Williams also wants the foundation to provide carbon monoxide detectors to rural fire departments, dormitories and clubs that do not have them. 

Two other people died in the same room two months before. The president of the motel has been indicted on involuntary manslaughter charges.
 

Print
Email
|