CHARLOTTE, N.C. – North Carolina wants residents to be prepared for any kind of natural disaster.
Last Friday, Governor McCrory and Public Safety Secretary Frank Perry released the Ready NC app.
It’s designed to give users weather updates, power outage details and evacuation maps during any kind of disaster.
The app’s also designed to:
• real-time traffic and weather information
• critical information on how to be safe during different hazardous events
• real-time information about opened shelters for evacuees (including addresses, capacity, directions and if the shelter is pet-friendly)
• real-time updates on flood levels of major nearby creeks and rivers
• phone numbers and links to all North Carolina power companies to report outages
• basic instructions on how to develop emergency plans and what to put in your emergency supplies kit
• real-time information on which counties have issued evacuation orders
• contact numbers and links to websites for those who need help recovering from a disaster
• direct links to the ReadyNC.org and NCDPS.gov websites and social media accounts
It’s free to download on the Android and in Apple store.