Law enforcement agencies across the state arrested more than 8,700 people for traffic violations, including drug and alcohol offenses, in a holiday weekend campaign.
Operation “On the Road, On the Water, Don’t Drink & Drive” focuses on Memorial Day, Fourth of July and Labor Day.
The total arrests made over the Labor Day weekend are as follows:
- Driving While Impaired: 298
- Provisional License Violation: 24
- Other Implied Consent Violation: 73
- Drug Violations: 38
- Drug Paraphernalia: 16
- Seatbelt Violations: 1382
- Child Restraint Violations: 204
- Equipment Violations: 649
- Driver License Violation: 1212
- Registration Violation: 1105
- Other Violations: 3730