Two men wanted after a rash of burglaries

Two men wanted after a rash of burglaries

Print
Email
|

by TONY BURBECK / NewsChannel 36 Staff

Bio | Email | Follow: @TonyWCNC

WCNC.com

Posted on March 26, 2012 at 5:11 PM

Updated Sunday, Oct 27 at 1:30 PM

ROWAN COUNTY, N.C. -- Investigators say two men recently added to Rowan County’s Most Wanted List for home break-ins could be responsible for additional crimes.

Authorities say Donterio Glaspy and Desmond Cruse are responsible for seven burglaries.
Five of those were from early March and two from last week.

Investigators say it is possible Glaspy and Cruse committed two burglaries at the same time to neighboring homes on Heilig Road last Monday.  They aren’t charged with those burglaries, but investigators say they can’t rule them out as suspects given their mode of operation of kicking in doors and stealing electronics.

The back door to Jessica White's house was metal with a bolt.  She thought it was big enough to keep intruders out.

"They actually forced it open so hard it came off the hinges.  It was a metal door, a black metal door and they knocked it completely off the hinges,” White said.

White and her two-year-old daughter were running errands, came back and found the broken door, their drawers were rummaged through and electronics were moved or missing.

"They took our brand new laptop and tried to get our flat screen television, but it was bolted to our entertainment center, so they couldn't get that quick enough,” White said.
"It's scary to think that you're only gone for a couple of hours and you are here with your little girl and it could happen while you were home.”

Neighbor Travis Allen had the same thought.  He lives next to White, ran a few errands and came back to find his door kicked-in at the same time on the same day.

“They kicked it right in,” Allen said.

He was glad his dad wasn’t home.  If he was, Allen says his father could have been beaten up.

"They got a flat screen and a ring from 1918, a Navy ring from my great grandfather,” Allen said.

Right now, investigators don't have suspects in these two burglaries.

Given the timing, it was likely the work of two people.

White has installed a security system at her home. 

Allen said he’s thinking about it.

Investigators are asking anyone who sees Glaspy or Cruse to call police.

They are known to stay in the Concord-Kannapolis area.
 

Print
Email
|