CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A district court judge approved a restraining order filed by a woman who accused former UNC Charlotte quarterback Kevin Olsen of raping her.
The district court judge signed the restraining order Thursday afternoon and will be effective until March 9. Court documents say Olsen and the woman had been in a relationship and both attended UNCC at the time of the alleged incident in February.
Olsen is currently suspended from the university, court documents say.
According to court documents -- which detailed the woman's accounts during February 19, the date of the alleged incident -- she was with Olsen at his residence. According to the woman's accounts, Olsen threatened to commit suicide and she had tried to talk him out of it, telling him she was not going to leave him alone due to the suicide attempt. She said Olsen later pushed her off of the bed and onto the floor. As she got back on the bed, Olsen allegedly punched her with a closed fist on her face, on her body, then hit her backhanded and hit her again with an open hand. He then allegedly told her wanted to have sex, she did not consent, Olsen then went on to rape her, court documents say.
She said in court documents that Olsen was verbally abusive toward her throughout their relationship, as he would call her names and was "very controlling and jealous." She said Olsen would not allow her to spend time with her friends and would threaten to kill her, court documents say.
As part of the order, Olsen can not be in contact with the woman. The no-contact order includes telephone, personal contact, email, pager, gift-giving or by faxes initiated by Olsen to the woman, court documents say.
Olsen was charged with second-degree forcible rape, cyberstalking, second-degree force sex offense and assault on a female, according to arrest reports.
He is the younger brother of Carolina Panthers tight end Greg Olsen.
Copyright 2017 WCNC