CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- NewsChannel 36 anchor Dave Wagner learned late Thursday night that Charlotte Mayor Anthony Foxx has been invited to speak at the Democratic National Convention.
The Democratic National Convention Committee confirmed the news Friday morning with a news release sent at 6 a.m.
- Newark Mayor Cory Booker
- Former Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm
- Lieutenant General Claudia Kennedy (ret.)
- Congresswoman Barbara Lee of California
- CarMax co-founder and former CEO Austin Ligon
- Connecticut Governor Dannel Malloy
- Philadelphia Mayor Michael Nutter
- Minneapolis Mayor R.T. Rybak
- Costco co-founder and former CEO Jim Sinegal
- Los Angeles Mayor, Democratic Convention Chair Antonio Villaraigosa
Additional speakers include: Congresswoman Tammy Baldwin of Wisconsin, San Antonio Mayor Julian Castro, who will be the first Latino keynote speaker at a Democratic National Convention, President Bill Clinton, Former Assistant Secretary, U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs Tammy Duckworth, Chicago Mayor Rahm Emanuel, Georgetown Law School Graduate Sandra Fluke, California Attorney General Kamala D. Harris, Colorado Governor John Hickenlooper, Montana State Superintendent of Public Instruction Denise Juneau, Former Virginia Governor Tim Kaine, President of NARAL Pro-Choice America Nancy Keenan, Caroline Kennedy, U.S. Senator John Kerry of Massachusetts, Lilly Ledbetter, Obama Campaign Co-Chair Eva Longoria, U.S. Senator Barbara Mikulski of Maryland, together with the women of the U.S. Senate, Maryland Governor Martin O'Malley, Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick, President of Planned Parenthood Action Fund Cecile Richards, Cristina Saralegui, Former Ohio Governor Ted Strickland and Elizabeth Warren.