HICKORY, N.C. – Three pets died during a Tuesday morning house fire in Hickory.
The fire broke out shortly before 8:30 a.m. at 219 9th Avenue SE, but no people were hurt.
Three fire trucks responded after reports of smoking coming from the house. Two dogs and one cat died in the fire, according to officials.
The fire was ruled an accident and was caused due to an electrical malfunction. The home suffered heat and smoke damage, but an estimate is unknown.
The American Red Cross is assisting the family affected by the fire.