CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Plan your Cinco de Mayo celebrations by checking out one of these events around Charlotte from our friends at Charlotte on the Cheap.
- Vida Kitchen y Cantina: Cinco de Mayo party (billed as “Charlotte’s largest Cinco de Mayo party) Friday, May 5th. Live music on patio. Drink specials. Corona swag. At EpiCentre. They don’t list times but say the party is going on all day. This will be updated when more information is available.
- Hot Taco and South End Station Cinco de Mayo party: Also billed as Charlotte’s largest Cinco de Mayo party. Friday, May 5th, 4 p.m. to 2 a.m. At South End Station. Live music, drink specials, more.
- FINN Fiesta in the Village: Blackfinn Ameripub is hosting this Cinco de Mayo party on Friday, May 5th, from 4 p.m. to 11 p.m. Admission is free. There will be live music and you can watch chihuahua races. $10 for margarita tasting and $10 to enter your chihuahua in the races. It’s billed as South Charlotte’s largest Cinco de Mayo party.
Moe’s Southwest Grill: Moe’s is giving away t-shirts while supplies last on May 5th. Also $5 burritos.
- Howl at the Moon: Cinco de Mayo party Friday, May 5th, 6 p.m. to 2 a.m. Free admission before 9 p.m. Sing with live band. Drink Specials.
- Cinco de RiRa. RiRa Irish Pub (yes, you read that right.) Cinco de Mayo Irish style. Food and drink specials all day, live band Wicked Powers after 10:00 p.m.
- Hattie’s Tap and Tavern: Cinco de Mayo Party Friday, May 5th, doors at 6 p.m. $5 cover. Music by The Business People, Tiger Dog, Batsheet, The House Cats, Jisto. Facebook event.
- Art on Tap’s Cinco de Mayo party: Cabarrus Arts Council’s celebration at 65 Union Street South, Concord. Free for members, $20 for non-members. Includes opening reception for Place/Settings, craft (make a floral crown or Mexican wrestling mask), and Salsa and ChaCha lesson. Margaritas and tacos. Age 21+
- Mortimer’s Pub: Cinco de Mayo party Friday, May 5th, from 11 a.m., going on day and night. Free admission. Live music with Jay Mathey. Limbo contest. Drink specials and party favors.
- Tres Days of Cinco de Mayo: Friday, May 5th, through Sunday, May 6th. 11 a.m. to 2 a.m. each day. At Peculiar Rabbit, The Rabbit Hole and Jackalope Jack’s. $10 donation, benefiting Project Halo. Live music, cornhole tournament, table pong, food trucks, more.
© 2017 WCNC.COM