STATESVILLE, N.C. -- A family of six was displaced Friday morning after their home caught fire in Iredell County.
Flames broke out around 3:00 a.m. at 873 Opal Street in Statesville. Crews were able to control the fire in about thirty minutes. Fire officials said the home was a total loss.
Fire officials also told NBC Charlotte a space heater that was too close to furniture in a bedroom caused the fire. The American Red Cross provided the family with temporary shelter from the cold. No one was hurt.
© 2017 WCNC.COM