Family of six without a home after fire in Statesville

STATESVILLE, N.C. -- A family of six was displaced Friday morning after their home caught fire in Iredell County.

Flames broke out around 3:00 a.m. at 873 Opal Street in Statesville. Crews were able to control the fire in about thirty minutes. Fire officials said the home was a total loss.

Fire officials also told NBC Charlotte a space heater that was too close to furniture in a bedroom caused the fire. The American Red Cross provided the family with temporary shelter from the cold. No one was hurt.

 

 

© 2017 WCNC.COM


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment