Here is a list of provided flu case numbers and information over the last few weeks:
- The UNC Charlotte Student Health Center saw 30 flu cases in the last weeks before the holidays specifically, the 3rd – 21st of December.
- Queens University students returned on Monday. So far, 6-8 suspected cases.
- Wingate Univeristy has roughly 8-10 right now, on average, but they expect the numbers to rise.
- The most recent report from the state dated December 29 shows a slight decline in the number of cases of flu in Region 7, which includes Cabarrus County . A new report will be released Thursday afternoon.
- Winthrop University had 27 cases before winter break and has seen three cases since the new semester began.
- 14 people have died from the flu in North Carolina.
- 15 people died from the flu in South Carolina last year.