2 families homeless after south Charlotte apartment fire

2 families homeless after south Charlotte apartment fire

Print
Email
|

by RYAN WIXTED / WCNC.com

Bio | Email | Follow: @rwix86

WCNC.com

Posted on June 27, 2012 at 5:53 AM

Updated Wednesday, Jun 27 at 6:40 AM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Two families were displaced after a lit cigarette started a fire at a south Charlotte apartment complex Wednesday morning. 

 The Charlotte Fire Department was called to the Colonial Grand at Beverly Crest apartments on Fox Chapel Lane around 3:30 a.m. after a reported fire. 
 
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly. Officials said no one was hurt and the fire only damaged to two apartment units. 
 
Officials said a lit cigarette started the fire and caused about $30,000 in damage. 

 

Print
Email
|