CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Thousands of people rang in the new year in Uptown Charlotte Tuesday night.
City officials called First Night a success.
- About 12,500 people attended the event.
- The number of calls to CharMeck 311 was 10 percent less than last year. Call included noise complaints, event information and transfers to 911.
- Police arrested five adults between 6 p.m. and 2 a.m. Four were charged with intoxication and was charged with trespassing.
- Officers arrested two juveniles for curfew violations and one for disorderly conduct and assault of an officer.
- MEDIC responded to six calls before midnight and seven calls after midnight.
- 19,734 people rode the Lynx Blue Line, which is a 26 percent increase compared to an average Tuesday.