CLEVELAND COUNTY, N.C. -- Families of victims of the E. coli outbreak in Cleveland County are asking for tens of thousands of dollars.
Four children were sickened and a 2-year-old died in the outbreak linked to the County Fair’s petting zoo. The lawsuits ask for money for pain and suffering and medical bills.
Also, the mother of a Shelby boy who got sick from E. coli at the North Carolina State Fair plans to sue the state.
Two-year-old Hunter Tallant got the infection back in 2011 while visiting the fair.
Two-dozen others also got sick. This outbreak, too, was traced to a petting zoo.