CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- After several weeks of day after day of rain, roadways across Mecklenburg and surrounding counties are compromised, but crews continue to work tirelessly to restore them.
On Monday, the North Carolina Department of Transportation released information on where roadway repairs currently stand.
- Gilead Road: NCDOT has advertised a contract for repairs, expecting to start next week and complete repairs by August 23;
- Bud Henderson Road: The department anticipates completing repairs by the end of next week;
- Mallard Creek Road: Crews will complete repairs by 7 p.m. tonight, July 29.
- Bowman-Barrier Road: NCDOT estimates beginning repairs at this location next week and opening the road by August 16;
- Harris Road: Crews should wrap up repairs by the end of this week.
- Nelson Mountain Road: NCDOT will complete repairs by August 16;
- Fink Road: Maintenance crews will finish pipe replacement work by the end of this week;
- Canton Road: The department should have repairs wrapped up by August 9.