Released by the North Carolina Department of Transportation:
CHARLOTTE – The N.C. Department of Transportation is continuing repairs to rain-ravaged roadways and structures in the Charlotte region. Forces from the department’s bridge and maintenance units have assessed needs at each location, and are approaching completion of some repairs. Each time frame is subject to change, if additional storms impede progress. In some cases, the department is utilizing contractors to speed up repairs.
• Gilead Road: NCDOT is scheduling repairs to begin Monday, August 5, completing work by August 23;
• Bud Henderson Road: The department is starting repairs July 20, completing work by August 4;
• Autumncrest Road: Crews from NCDOT’s Monroe Bridge unit have been on site since July 10, and should finish repairs by the end of this week.
• Walker Road: Maintenance crews have started pipe replacement work, and expect to complete repairs by the end of this week;
• Zion Church Road: NCDOT’s Anson Bridge unit is resetting pipe, expecting to open the road by the end of this week;
• John White Road: A pipe replacement is currently on order. Work will start immediately following its arrival;
• Bowman-Barrier Road: NCDOT estimates beginning repairs at this location the week of July 22, which could change if a crew completes repairs at another location sooner; and
• Harris Road: The department anticipates completing repairs by August 2.
• Bridgeport Road: Repairs at this location are complete and the road is open to traffic;
• Pole Running Road: A second Stanly Bridge unit has mobilized to repair eroded areas around the structure; a completion date has not been finalized;
• Nelson Mountain Road: NCDOT will begin repairs when a crew becomes available;
• Fink Road: Maintenance crews should complete pipe replacement work this week;
• Canton Road: NCDOT is waiting for a recommendation from Raleigh’s Hydraulics unit to advise a correct size for a replacement structure;
• Palestine Road: Crews are repairing a section north of the Northeast Connector. The road should reopen by August 2.