Cigarette blamed for car fire in Steele Creek

According to Charlotte Fire, the driver of the car was smoking a cigarette. The driver had fireworks stored in the back of his car and the ashes from the cigarette somehow ignited the fireworks.

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Officials say a man was rushed to the hospital after a car caught fire in Steele Creek.

Medic responded to a call of a car fire on Erwin Road and Steele Creek Road Sunday night.

According to Charlotte Fire, the driver of the car was smoking a cigarette. The driver had fireworks stored in the back of his car and the ashes from the cigarette somehow ignited the fireworks.

The man was transported to CMC Main with serious injuries, firefighters say.

© 2017 WCNC.COM


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment