Emergency crews respond to carbon monoxide alarm at school

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Students and staff have returned to Coulwood Middle School after a carbon monoxide scare.

Charlotte firefighters responded to the school around 12:30 p.m. Tuesday after a CO2 detector sounded.

Only one detector went off in the school. It's placed near the cafeteria, offices, 7th grade classrooms and elective classrooms.

Everyone in the school was evacuated but they have been permitted to return. However that section of the school remains closed while officials investigate.

Two cafeteria workers were evaluated and one person was taken to the hospital for minor injuries.


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment