KAILUA, Hawaii (AP) — How President Barack Obama spent Day 15 of his holiday vacation in Hawaii on Saturday:
- WEEKLY ADDRESS: Obama used his weekly radio and Internet address to urge Congress to reinstate job benefits for more than 1 million Americans. The president said failing to do so will cause the economy to slow.
A Senate proposal would extend the benefits for three months. Obama says he will sign it if it passes.
- HIKING: Obama and his wife went on a brief morning hike Saturday, visiting a popular trail near their Kailua vacation home that overlooks the ocean.
- GOLF: The president played one last round of golf at Marine Corps Base Hawaii, having hit the links frequently during his trip.
- DINNER: For their final dinner in Hawaii on this trip, the Obamas went to Buzz's Lanikai, a steakhouse and seafood restaurant across the street from Kailua Beach Park that has been a regular stop for the family on previous vacations.
- DEPARTURE: Obama and the first family were expected to depart Honolulu on Saturday night to go back to Washington.