CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Guests at a Charlotte hotel had to be evacuated after a copper theft led to a gas leak early Wednesday morning.
Authorities said a thief stole a copper tubing from the Arlington Suites on South Tryon Street around 3 a.m., which caused a natural gas leak in the hotel.
The Charlotte Fire Department was called to the scene to investigate and allowed guests back into the hotel about an hour after the incident.
There were no reported injuries during the incident.
Charlotte-Mecklenburg police are still investigating the copper theft and have not made any arrests.