CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A small fire broke out at an east Charlotte apartment complex early Wednesday morning.
Charlotte firefighters were called to Woodfield Garden Apartments on Barrington Drive after a reported fire in a laundry room around 3 a.m.
Several residents were evacuated for a brief period of time.
Firefighters were able to get the fire under control quickly and residents were allowed back in their apartment unit's a short time later.
A space heater in a laundry room was the cause of the fire, according to a fire official.
No one was injured in the fire.