Fire damages home in Gastonia

Fire damages home in Gastonia

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com Staff

WCNC.com

Posted on December 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM

Updated Saturday, Oct 26 at 5:24 PM

GASTONIA, N.C. -- An overnight fire damaged a home in Gastonia on Friday.

The Gastonia Fire Department was dispatched to a house fire at 2 am on Haynes Avenue.

The fire was located inside the front of the house. As firefighters entered the house, they noticed fire was coming through the floor in front of the fireplace. There was a fire in the fireplace as well, according to fire officials.

The fire had spread under the floor and up through the walls to the attic space. The firefighters were soon able to extinguish the spreading fire.

Officials said the fire started after a log rolled out of the fireplace onto the floor. The family in the home was able to escape without any injuries.

The displaced family is being cared for by the American Red Cross.

The fire cost $40,000 in damages to the home.

Print
Email
|