Fire does $10K in damage at Matthews day care

Fire does $10K in damage at Matthews day care

Fire does $10K in damage at Matthews day care

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com Staff

WCNC.com

Posted on December 26, 2013 at 2:58 PM

Updated Thursday, Dec 26 at 3:12 PM

MATTHEWS, N.C. -- A malfunctioning exhaust fan is believed to be the culprit in a fire at a day care center in Matthews on Thursday.

The town of Matthews tells NBC Charlotte that about $10,000 in damage was done to the Childrens Lighthouse in the 10800 block of Monroe Road.

The fire occurred while children were in attendance, but officials say the children were quickly evacuated and no one was injured.

The children have all been sent home with their parents.

Matthews Fire says the blaze is a result of a malfunctioning exhaust fan.

Print
Email
|