Fire sparks at Gastonia fire inspector's house

Fire sparks at Gastonia fire inspector's house

Fire sparks at Gastonia fire inspector's house

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com staff

WCNC.com

Posted on February 21, 2014 at 3:56 PM

GASTONIA, N.C. -- A garage fire broke out at the Gastonia fire inspector’s home Friday morning.

Crews arrived to the house at Pine Bark County and Junius Street to find heavy smoke.

Twenty-five firefighters responded and were able to quickly extinguish the flames. The fire destroyed the garage but some smoke damage was done to the rest of the home.

Investigators estimate the damage to total $105,000. The garage had been converted into a living room.

The fire inspector was at work at the time.

The Gaston Fire Marshals’ Office is investigating.
 

Print
Email
|