Officials: Workers accidentally start fire, 3 displaced

Officials: Workers accidentally start fire, 3 displaced

Credit: Jim Landis, Gastonia Fire Department

Officials: Workers accidentally start fire, 3 displaced

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com staff

WCNC.com

Posted on October 21, 2013 at 5:10 PM

Updated Monday, Oct 21 at 5:10 PM

GASTONIA, N.C. – Three families are relocating after an attic fire in their apartment building Monday.

According to firefighters, the blaze started after maintenance workers started working on plumbing in the walls of one of the units -- accidently causing a fire.
 

The blaze happened at the Fern Forest Apartments, fire officials said heavy smoke was coming from the attic. 
 

Twenty four firefighters were able to get the blaze under control in half an hour.  No injuries were reported.
 

Print
Email
|