Firefighters rescue man who fainted on roof from heat

Firefighters rescue man who fainted on roof from heat

Credit: Chris Stowe / Crowder’s Mountain Fire Department

Firefighters rescue man who fainted on roof from heat

Print
Email
|

by NewsChannel 36 Staff

WCNC.com

Posted on June 21, 2011 at 9:03 AM

GASTONIA, N.C. --  A man was rescued by firefighters Monday after he fainted on the roof of his home from the heat.

Firefighters responded to 524 Hawthorne Lane at about 2:30 p.m.

The man’s wife called 911 and said her husband was on the roof of their home and couldn’t get down.  She said he was feeling faint.  The wife was worried her husband might be suffering from heat exhaustion.

By the time firefighters arrived at the home the man had fainted. 

Firefighters used a ladder truck and stokes basket to secure the patient and lower him to the ground, according to the Gastonia Fire Department.

The patient was treated by Gaston EMS and transported to Gaston Memorial Hospital.
 

Print
Email
|