House fire caused by homeless man trying to keep warm

House fire caused by homeless man trying to keep warm

Credit: Gastonia Fire Department

House fire caused by homeless man trying to keep warm

Print
Email
|

by WCNC.com

WCNC.com

Posted on November 25, 2013 at 2:16 PM

Updated Monday, Nov 25 at 2:20 PM

GASTONIA, N.C. -- The Gastonia Fire Department believes an early morning fire was started by a homeless man attempting to stay warm.

The fire is still under investigation. It started on Granite Avenue shortly after 3 a.m. Monday.

Officials estimate the damage at $40,000. It only took firefighters six minutes to douse the flames.

No one was injured during the blaze.

Print
Email
|