CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The city of Charlotte Solid Waste Services collection crews will collect garbage, recyclables, yard waste and bulky items according to the normal schedule on Labor Day, Monday, Sept. 6.
While enjoying holiday festivities, residents are encouraged to recycle. As a reminder, the week of September 6 is a green recycling collection week. Residents on green collection week should place their recycling carts curbside on their scheduled collection day.
A few tips to help residents properly prepare recyclables for collection include:
- Rinse and remove all food/liquid residue from recyclable items
- Remove caps and lids from bottles and containers
- Please do not bag recyclables before placing them in the recycling cart
- Cut cardboard into pieces 3-feet by 3-feet or smaller before placing it in the recycling cart
- Please do not overfill recycling carts
- Place the recycling cart curbside by 6:30 a.m. on your scheduled collection day
- Place the recycling cart within 2 feet of the curb and at least 3 feet away from other collection items and obstacles such as mailboxes, vehicles and phone poles.
Need a collection day reminder?
To find out your collection day and recycling collection week, visit http://curbit.charlottenc.gov or call 311.