Victim identified in Concord's first homicide of the year

CONCORD, N.C. -- Police were investigating the first homicide of the year in Concord early Thursday morning.

Investigators said it happened just before 5:00 a.m. at 228 Academy Avenue.

 

 

Officers told NBC Charlotte they found a man in the backyard of a home with multiple gunshot wounds. 27-year-old Sergio Culbertson was rushed to Carolinas Medical Center Northeast where he later died.

Detectives believed the suspect and victim knew each other, but no arrests had been made as of 9:15 a.m. 

Anyone with information is asked to call Concord Police at 704-920-5000 or Cabarrus County Crime Stoppers at  704-93-CRIME.

© 2017 WCNC.COM


JOIN THE CONVERSATION

To find out more about Facebook commenting please read the
Conversation Guidelines and FAQs

Leave a Comment