CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Phillip O. Berry High School senior Kedrick Davis is one of the best recruits in the state and will be headed to UNC in 2012 to play for the Tar Heels. Rivals.com ranks him as the 22nd best recruit in the state.
1. How good can Berry be this season?
Davis: Going into this highly anticipated season Berry can be as good as we allow ourselves. How good we become all depends on how hungry and eager we are to represent Phillip O. Berry as a a school as well as a football team.
2. You have committed to play next season at UNC. With the firing of coach Butch Davis, did you ever think about changing your mind and going somewhere else? Why did you stick with the Tar Heels?
Davis: Hearing the tragic news about the Butch Davis departure was a shocker. Hearing the news while in the field of play didn't really hit me until seeing it through the television. When hearing the news a decommitment was racing throughout my head, but when talking to my parents I decided to stay and remain loyal. I looked at it as me choosing a great schooo I would have wanted to attended without football.
3. What game are you most looking forward to this season and why?
Davis: The game I'm highly looking forward to is Charlotte Catholic because they were chosen to take the conference title and its our homecoming, so that would be a great accomplishment as a senior.
4. Who is your biggest role model and why?
Davis: The biggest role model in my life right now is my mother. She works really hard to keep me well provided for. I can seriously compare her work ethic to myself on the football field.
5. When you are not playing football, what do you like to do?
Davis: When I'm not playing football I tend to just chill out and watch tv. Some days I might catch a movie or hang with a few teammates.