NASCAR's Keselowski can't tweet in car anymore

NASCAR's Keselowski can't tweet in car anymore

Credit: Getty Images

CONCORD, NC - OCTOBER 13: Brad Keselowski, driver of the #2 Miller Lite Dodge, races during the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Bank of America 500 at Charlotte Motor Speedway in Concord, North Carolina. (Photo by John Harrelson/Getty Images)

Print
Email
|

by Associated Press

WCNC.com

Posted on November 13, 2012 at 7:18 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) -- Brad Keselowski became an instant social media darling for hopping on Twitter during a lengthy delay in the Daytona 500. 

The tweets made Keselowski the center of attention. NASCAR seemed trendy and hip -- a description its executives surely adored. 

Turns out, tweeting from the car isn't that cool with NASCAR: Keselowski was fined $25,000 on Monday for tweeting during the red-flag at Phoenix International Raceway.  

The punishment was confusing to fans who vented, of course, on Twitter, wondering why Keselowski was punished for Sunday's tweets when he was celebrated by NASCAR in February.  

NASCAR spokesman Kerry Tharp on Tuesday said drivers had been told after the Daytona 500 that electronic devices could not be carried in their cars, and that includes cell phones.  
 

Print
Email
|