CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Officials believe a house fire that caused more than $100,000 in damages began due to electrical issues Tuesday afternoon in the Ballantyne area of south Charlotte.
A family was displaced after their home caught fire in the 9400 block of Olivia Lane around 1:15 p.m., according to the Charlotte Fire Department.
Flames could be seen coming from the roof of the house when firefighters arrived on scene. It took fire crews 42 minutes to get the fire under control.
The fire caused $100,000 in damage to the home and also destroyed a large portion of two neighboring homes. The house fire burnt the siding at both homes, causing an additional $2,000 in damage to each.
No one was injured during the fire, according to the Charlotte Fire Department. The Red Cross is assisting the family of three.