CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Beginning Tuesday, June 7, 2011, the Charlotte Area Transit System (CATS) will start Route 94 Matthews/Mint Hill Shuttle, serving the Lawyers Glen Assisted Living Center, Levine Senior Center and Blessed Assurance Adult Day Care.
CATS is pleased to implement this new service with the help of a North Carolina 5310 Transportation for Elderly Persons and Persons with Disabilities Grant, said Larry Kopf, Chief Operations Planning Officer. This new route is for all transit customers, but this will be a vital service for seniors and disabled members of the community to provide access to services essential to maintaining an active lifestyle.
The new shuttle service will operate between the Matthews-Independence Pointe Park and Ride and Mint Hill from 9:00 a.m. to 11:45 a.m. and 1:30 p.m. to 4:20 p.m. four days a week, Tuesday through Friday. In addition to the senior centers and park and ride, there will be stops at the Mint Hill Festival Shopping Center at Lawyers Road and Highway 51; and the Windsor Square Shopping Center/Sycamore Commons Shopping Center on Windsor Square Drive to allow connections to other transit bus services throughout Mecklenburg County. Service will deviate for pickups up to three-quarters of a mile from the route with advanced notice. To schedule a pickup, please call customer service at 704-336-7433.
Some of the other changes that began this morning, June 6, 2011 include:
- 17 Commonwealth Sunday service will be extended to the Matthews-Independence Pointe Park and Ride.
- 29 UNCC/SouthPark New Saturday service will be added.
- 51X Idlewild The schedule will be adjusted to six morning trips and five afternoon trips.
- 60 Tyvola/SouthPark - New Saturday service will operate between SouthPark and the Tyvola light rail station.
- 77X North Meck Express - One afternoon trip will be added to the outbound schedule at 5:10 p.m.
- Gold Rush Red Line The Red Line is extending its route to Presbyterian Hospital. The service will operate in Center City Charlotte from 6:41 a.m. until just after 6:00 p.m. Buses will run every fifteen minutes Monday - Friday. Morning trips from Presbyterian Hospital between 6:41 a.m. to 7:45 a.m. will run to Gateway Center. Trips after 7:45 a.m. will provide service from the hospital to Johnson C. Smith University.
- 42 Carowinds - Service to the Carowinds Amusement Park will begin on June 13, 2011 and operate through August 12, 2011.
- 78X Celanese Express - As of July 4, 2011 the 78X will be discontinued. Riders can use Route 82X
- Rock Hill Express or the LYNX Blue Line at I-485/South Boulevard station as an alternative.
For a complete list of schedule changes, visit www.ridetransit.org and click on Route Changes or call 704-336-7433.