LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

LANCASTER, S.C. -- Authorities have identified the man who was found inside a home in Lancaster that was destroyed by fire on Friday.

The fire broke out at a home off of South Potter Road early Friday afternoon.

While working to extinguish the flames, firefighters discovered the body of 64-year-old Ernest J. Robinson inside the home.

The Crime Scene Unit and investigators with the Sheriff's Office took over the scene and launched an investigation. Investigators determined the fire began in the kitchen, and have ruled it accidental.

(Click here to see images from the fire)

The home's roof was completely destroyed along with the structure of the home. The home is a total loss, officials say.

An autopsy revealed that Robinson died of smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/features/2014/07/01/10954398/