Celebrate Mother's Day with some of these special freebies. Make sure to follow each link to learn the details, such as locations and times.
Mother's Day Freebies in Charlotte
- Ray's Splash Planet: Moms get into thisindoor water park for freeon Mother's Day, Sunday, May 12th, 2013, from 1pm to 6:30pm.
- TCBY: Moms get up tosix ounces of frozen yogurt for freeat participating TCBY locations on Sunday. Call ahead to make sure yours is participating and to learn the hours.
- IKEA:Moms getfree breakfast at IKEAuntil 11am on Sunday. Breakfast includes scrambled eggs, bacon, potatoes and coffee.
- Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens:Moms get into Daniel Stowe Botanical Gardens for freeon Saturday and Sunday. The first 250 moms each day get a free potted plant.
- Hooters:Moms get a free entreeup to $10 with a drink purchase on Sunday.
- O'Charley's:Moms get a free slice of pieat the 9am Mother's Day Brunch on Sunday.
Other free things to do on Mother's Day Weekend in Charlotte
- Take Mom dancing: There'sfree swing dancing, including a lesson, in Matthews' Stumptown Park on Sunday at 4:30pm.
- Shop for pottery: Or just browse.Carolina Matter's Spring Pottery Showis on Saturday from 10am to 4pm, at McAlpine Business Park. Over 45 clay artists will be displaying their diverse wares.
- Watch art in progress:Check out the progress of the installationof John W. Love, Jr.'s Fecund in the Mint Museum Uptown's Morris Atrium. It's free to visit the atrium. Saturday and Sunday.
- Take Mom dancing, part 2: Saturday evening there will befree Salsa dancing, with a DJ, in front of the Blumenthal Performing Arts Center. All are welcome.