CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Nine of the 10 people named in a federal drug indictment were arrested Thursday morning in the Charlotte area.
James Russell Rusty Coulter, 34, of Gastonia, is still wanted in connection with the indictment.
According to the U.S. Department of Justice, Western District of North Carolina, the 10 men conspired to possess and distribute more than 5 kilograms of cocaine, and more than 280 grams of crack in Gaston and Mecklenburg Counties.
Arrested and charged in connection with the indictment are:
- Derwin Durham, a/k/a Red, 56, of Gastonia
- James Michael Barber, a/k/a Big Cheese, 41, of Gastonia
- Carroll Macarthur Williams, Jr., 34, of Kings Mountain
- Thomas Monteres Burris, 33, of Gastonia
- Larry Donnell Erby, Jr., 34, of Gastonia
- Mario Demond Floyd, 33, of Gastonia
- Tony Lamar Floyd, 45, of Gastonia
- Lance Richardson Pagan, 43, of Gastonia
- Torben Lamont Jackson, 33, of Charlotte
Authorities say during the execution of the search warrants, three firearms, approximately $67,000 in cash, two motorcycles, three vehicles, drugs, bullets and drug paraphernalia were seized.