CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- If you're a little tight on cash these days, it s a good thing you're living in Charlotte, according to one study.
Forbes Magazine has ranked Charlotte as one of the top cities in America for stretching your paycheck.
Forbes looked at the largest 51 metropolitan cities, and the annual wages people make in those area.
After those incomes were adjusted by the cost of living, it turns out Charlotte ranks number six on the list.
The adjusted annual wage in the Queen City is just shy of $55,000.
The entire top 10:
1. Houston-Sugar Land-Baytown, TX
2. San Jose-Sunnyvale-Santa Clara, CA
3. Detroit-Warren-Livonia, MI
4. Memphis, TN
5. Dallas-Fort Worth-Arlington, TX
6. Charlotte-Gastonia-Rock Hill
7. Cincinnati, OH
8. Austin-Round Rock-San Marcos, TX
9. Seattle-Tacoma-Bellevue, WA
10. Columbus, OH