CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Haz-Mat crews were called to Carolinas Medical Center in Dilworth early Wednesday morning.

A potentially harmful bottle was found in the family waiting room of the surgical intensive care unit, and crews were called to the hospital around 3 a.m. The hospital is located on Morehead Street near Kenilworth Avenue.

An unknown liquid substance ate through a bottle and spilled onto the floor and a table, but no one was hurt, officials said.

No patients or any workers were evacuated.

Read or Share this story: