LINKEDINCOMMENTMORE

GASTONCOUNTY, N.C. -- A Gaston County man is recovering in the hospital Friday morning after his home was destroyed by a fire.

Officials say the man suffered third degree burns and smoke inhalation. Fire officials said the home off of Hunter Road was destroyed during the fire.

According to the fire marshal, the man came running out of his house saying a kerosene heater was on fire.

The fire marshal is still looking into the official cause of the fire.

Read or Share this story: http://www.wcnc.com/story/news/local/2014/07/01/10967502/