CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The woman accused of murdering a mother of six in an uptown bar fight this weekend was a school bus driver for nine years.

Police charged Katie Nicole Robinson, 32, with murder for the death of Antoinette Baker, 30. Police said the two got into a fight in the bathroom of Hartigan s Irish Pub on Cedar Street earlier in the evening. According to police, the fight escalated as the bar closed and the women left.

And while everyone was leaving out the door this lady decides she was still upset, said Baker s brother, Juan Chambers. (She) broke a bottle, and attacked her on the way out of the club.

Chambers said his sister had been at the bar celebrating some new milestones in her life with two of her sisters. Baker had just moved to a new apartment, and enrolled in college at CPCC. Her aunt, Sharon Carr, said she planned on studying radiology.

That was her main goal, to make a better life for her kids, said Carr.

But Chambers said Baker was attacked from behind as she left the club, and collapsed in the parking lot.

Robinson was a Charlotte-Mecklenburg Schools bus driver from May of 2002 to July of 2011. She has been arrested several times this year for various offenses, including assault and breaking and entering.

A woman, who asked NewsChannel 36 not to identify her, rushed to Baker and tried to stop the bleeding.

I'm trying to help her because she's obviously bleeding, said the woman. And I'm holding her, trying to put pressure on her wounds and stuff, and I'm snatched up by one of the owners of the bar.

Chambers said Baker s sisters and other witnesses watched as the woman, who described herself as a first responder, was pulled away.

I'm like, I'm a first responder. She needs help, let me help her, said the woman. And she said, I'm the owner of the bar, don't touch her. Police have been called.

Calls and e-mails to Hartigan s were not returned Sunday night, and the bar was closed with no one inside.

Chambers also said Baker s sisters were not allowed to help her, or go with her in the ambulance. Baker was pronounced dead shortly after arriving at Carolinas Medical Center. Baker s family believes more could have been done to save her life.

I'm mad, I'm mad, said Chambers, shaking his head. You re supposed to back up and move out of the way. That's in the club, that's in the street, that's anywhere.

Read or Share this story: