CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- An uptown hotel had to be evacuated when a fire broke out on Wednesday afternoon.

The fire began around 4 p.m. in a room on the fourth floor. All guests were evacuated but eventually let back in.

Firefighters--with aid from the inside sprinkler system--helped put out the blaze quickly.

One hotel worker was treated on scene for smoke inhalation. Officials say three people were injured, and one was transported to the hospital.

The fire was contained to just one room, and an investigation is ongoing.

Read or Share this story: