Show Thumbnails
Show Captions

GASTONIA, N.C. -- An alert resident noticed black soot covering the windows of their neighbor's home and notified the officials of a house fire in Gastonia on Tuesday afternoon.

The Gastonia Fire Department responded to the home on Fairview Lane late Tuesday afternoon to find the fire inside the home had nearly put itself out due to lack of oxygen.

Officials say residents of the home had left food on the stove before leaving.

No one was injured, and authorities estimate the damages, mostly from smoke and heat, to be approximately $7000.

Read or Share this story: