LAKE WYLIE, S.C. -- Firefighters were called to a home on Swaying Branch Lane Friday night, not once but twice to battle flames.

Officials tell NBC Charlotte, on Friday around 5:20 p.m. they received a call for a fire in the living room area of a home in the Forest Oaks community. They doused the flames and stayed on the scene for two hours to monitor any flare ups.

Our thermal imaging camera did not detect any hot spots within the structure, and we did six different searches said Bethel Volunteer Fire Chief Michael Laws.

Around 9:30 p.m. crews were dispatched to the home on Swaying Branch Lane once more, but this time the home was fully engulfed in flames.

I think the fire was smoldering in the air ducts before we left. When we were out the first time we didn t see a reason to rip into the walls , said Chief Laws, our equipment simply didn t detect any hot spots, it s really upsetting he said.

The blaze sparked because of an electrical fire Chief Laws said.

The fire department was able to save the family s dog and cat, there were no injuries.

Read or Share this story: