CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- The intersection of The Plaza and Mason Avenue was shut down midday on Monday due to a gas leak.
Just before noon on Monday the Charlotte Fire Department responded to the 2600 block of The Plaza in reference to a gas leak.
Authorities say there were limited evacuations in the area, which have since been lifted.
Firefighters were able to control the incident in about an hour and a half.
No injuries were reported.
Stay with NBCCharlotte and WCNC.com for more on this developing story.