CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Charlotte-based Belk is helping you get ready for spring. On Tuesday they unveiled the biggest trends for spring 2013.
Belk s Vice President of Trend Merchandising and Fashion Direction, Arlene Goldstein, unveiled her Most Wanted fashion picks for women and men Tuesday morning at the SouthPark store.
Goldstein predicts the colors white and emerald will be big. She says patterns, peplums and platforms (shoes) are all sticking around, and Lace is the single most important fabric of the season.
This is the season of the accessory, Goldstein added, citing chandelier earrings, longer necklaces, and layers at the wrist as popular examples.
Belk s Most Wanted list for women
1. Bold Print Dress- From flamboyant flowers and kitschy conversationals, to digitized tribal and tropical inspirations, you can count on patterns to create a lot of fashion fanfare. Geometrics and print mixes will also make the list. Either way, the patterned frock is bound to be a favorite.
2. Silky Top- Hues make headlines as tailored shirts and tops in soft fabrications and bold colors update any warm weather look.
3. Spring Jacket- Call it a comeback. The jacket has re-emerged as an all-important trend piece. Blazers, boxy and sporty motos bring a casual sophistication. Bring it on!
4. Statement Neck- Designers go bold or go home. Daring jewelry pieces run the gamut from floral motifs to sculpted metal collars. Count on some drama.
5. Sassy Skirt- Polished and figure flattering, the skirt is a spring staple. Full, flounced or a-line, this pick is fem and fashionable.
6. Fancy Pant- Sleek and slim or full and flowy, the patterned bottom will definitely raise the cool quotient of your spring wardrobe. Be-dazzled by beautiful brocades and breathtaking jacquards.
7. Fashion Wedge- Whether sky high or simple slivers, wedges are a wonder. Material mixes and sculpted shapes will have you in style feet first. Watch your step.
8. Novelty Knit- In lively prints or simple solids, trend-right knits have a knack for easy wear and easy care. New shapes and refreshed finishes call the shots.
9. Something Lacy- Sweet and sophisticated, effortlessly elegant, lace is easily one of spring s most elegant essentials.
10. New Tote- Style is in the bag with a carry all that is chic as well as functional. Check out north/south shapes and unexpected materials.
Belk s Most Wanted list for men
1. Slim Fit Jean- Perfectly pared down, this is the denim silhouette that brings chic to the street. Check out vintage washes even white.
2. Novelty Short- Ready, set, reinvent from the bottom up. Take a look at tantalizing tints and innovative fabrics that have a feel for comfort.
3. Preppy Shoes- From classic boat shoes to elevated oxfords, prepare to prep. Step out in style with footwear that adds the cool to casual.
4. Prominent Patterns- Overt or understated, prints exude optimism and energy. From plaids and paisleys to new tropicals and scarf prints, updated patterns will add the fizz and the fireworks.
5. Colored Bottom- The right buy, for right now: Pants in colors you never imagined. Khakis take a back seat to cardinal red, ultra marine and heather blue.
6. Prepster Ties- Give your style a retro vibe with seersucker, subtle plaids and checks. This neck wear could be one of your favorite fashion finds this spring.
7. Spring Sport Coat- Score comfort, style, versatility and value in a completer piece you can count on. The sport coat goes from subdued to stylish in trend-right colors and easy wear fabrics.
8. Tees, Tees, Tees- Show off your playful side. Color your world with a wardrobe of tees that will definitely be one of your warm weather wise buys. Layer, layer, layer.
9. Bold Stripes- A wide variety of prominent patterns plays an important role this season but stripes will stay conspicuously in the spotlight. A wide range of widths and unexpected color combos keep them coming. Feel free to raise the bar.
10. Soft Color Dress Shirt- Indulgent yet accessible, say yes to shirts in the dreamy shades. Taking chances can be a thing of beauty.