CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- North Carolina's Electric Cooperatives say they are on standby, ready to restore power in the event of outages that may occur in Friday's winter storm.

The state's 26 electric cooperatives are carefully monitoring this winter weather system and are prepared for possible power outages in the 93 counties served by the cooperatives, said Jane Pritchard, director of corporate communications for the North Carolina Association of Electric Cooperatives.

Because North Carolina's electric cooperatives are located in the communities they serve, restoration crews are nearby and can begin work immediately.

Call your cooperative directly should you experience a disruption in power.

Find your co-op in the list below for the phone number to report power outages (Counties served in bold).

EnergyUnited, Statesville - Serving: Alexander, Cabarrus, Caldwell, Catawba, Davidson, Davie, Forsyth, Gaston, Guilford, Iredell, Lincoln, Mecklenburg, Montgomery, Randolph, Rockingham, Rowan, Stokes, Wilkes and Yadkin Counties - 1-800-386-4833

Union Power, Monroe - Serving: Cabarrus, Mecklenburg, Rowan, Stanly and Union Counties -

Rutherford EMC, Forest City - Serving: Burke, Caldwell, Catawba, Cleveland, Gaston, Lincoln, McDowell, Mitchell, Polk and Rutherford Counties - 1-800-521-0920 or 1-800-228-5331 or 1-800-228-9756

Pee Dee EMC, Wadesboro - Serving: Anson, Montgomery, Moore, Richmond, Scotland, Stanly and Union Counties - 1-800-693-0190

Blue Ridge Electric, Lenoir - Serving: Alleghany, Alexander, Ashe, Avery, Caldwell, Watauga, and Wilkes Counties - 1-800-448-2383

Albemarle EMC, Hertford - Serving: Camden, Chowan, Currituck, Pasquotank and Perquimans Counties - 1-800-274-2072

Brunswick EMC, Shallotte - Serving: Bladen, Brunswick, Columbus and Robeson -

Cape Hatteras Electric Cooperative, Buxton - Serving: Dare County - 1-866-511-9862

Carteret-Craven Electric Cooperative, Morehead City - Serving: Carteret, Craven, Jones and Onslow Counties - 1-252-247-3107 or 1-800-682-2217

Central EMC, Sanford - Serving: Chatham, Harnett, Lee, Moore and Randolph Counties - 1-877-766-6769

Edgecombe-Martin County EMC, Tarboro - Serving: Beaufort, Bertie, Edgecombe, Halifax, Martin, Nash, Pitt, and Wilson Counties - 1-800-690-0657

Four County EMC, Burgaw - Serving: Bladen, Columbus, Duplin, Onslow, Pender and Sampson Counties - 1-888-368-7289 or 1-910-259-2361

French Broad EMC, Marshall - Serving: Buncombe, Madison, Mitchell, and Yancey Counties -

Halifax EMC, Enfield - Serving: Halifax, Martin, Nash and Warren Counties - 1-800-690-0522

Haywood EMC, Waynesville - Serving: Buncombe, Haywood, Jackson, Macon, Transylvania and Madison Counties - 1-828-452-2281 or 1-800-951-6088

Jones-Onslow EMC, Jacksonville - Serving: Lenoir, Jones, Onslow, Duplin, Pender and Craven Counties - 1-910-353-7117 or 1-800-681-4146

Lumbee River EMC, Red Springs - Serving: Cumberland, Hoke, Robeson, and Scotland Counties -
1-800-683-5571 or 1-910-843-4131

Piedmont EMC, Hillsborough - Serving: Alamance, Caswell, Durham, Granville, Orange, Person and Chatham Counties - 1-800-449-2667 or 1-800-222-3107

Pitt & Greene EMC, Farmville - Serving: Edgecombe, Greene, Lenoir, Pitt, Wayne and Wilson Counties - 1-252-753-8778 or 1-800-622-1362

Randolph EMC, Asheboro - Serving: Edgecombe, Greene, Lenoir, Pitt, Wayne and Wilson Counties - 1-877-736-2633 or 1-877-REMCOFF

Roanoke Electric Cooperative, Aulander - Serving: Bertie, Chowan, Gates, Halifax, Hertford, Northampton, and Perquimans - 1-800-358-9437

South River EMC, Dunn - Serving: Bladen, Cumberland, Harnett, Johnston and Sampson Counties - 1-800-338-5530 or 1-910-892-8071

Surry-Yadkin EMC, Dobson - Serving: Forsyth, Stokes, Surry, Wilkes and Yadkin Counties - 1-336-356-4141

Tideland EMC, Pantego - Serving: Beaufort, Craven, Dare, Hyde, Pamlico, and Washington Counties - 1-800-637-1079

Tri-County EMC, Dudley - Serving: Duplin, Johnston, Jones, Lenoir, Sampson, Wayne, and Wilson Counties - 1-919-735-2611 or 1-800-548-4869

Wake EMC, Wake Forest - Serving: Durham, Franklin, Granville, Johnston, Nash, Vance and Wake Counties - 1-800-743-3155 or 919-863-6499

Read or Share this story: